Gujarat polls 2012: 50 voters refrain from casting vote for `disliking` candidates
Vadodara: Around 50 members of a local NGO preferred not to cast their votes in the second and final phase of Gujarat elections.
"We told the polling officer to register our dislike for candidates in the fray for the Assembly seat, which we did under Rule 49 (O) of the Conduct of Election Rules.
"About 50 members of the group did not exercise their franchise to register our protest," member of the NGO Rescue Group Jitendra Chandwani told reporters here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends