Gujarat polls 2012: 50 voters refrain from casting vote for `disliking` candidates
Vadodara: Around 50 members of a local NGO preferred not to cast their votes in the second and final phase of Gujarat elections.
"We told the polling officer to register our dislike for candidates in the fray for the Assembly seat, which we did under Rule 49 (O) of the Conduct of Election Rules.
"About 50 members of the group did not exercise their franchise to register our protest," member of the NGO Rescue Group Jitendra Chandwani told reporters here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?