Gujarat polls 2012: Dissidence in Kheda within BJP after declaration of candidates
Anand/Kheda: The dissidence within BJP over ticket distribution is leading to some workers joining Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) of the former Chief Minister and former BJP leader Keshubhai Patel.
Kheda district panchayat president Rakesh Rao has quit his post over BJP`s decision to give ticket to sitting MLA Devsinh Chauhan. Rao will contest from Matar on GPP ticket.
In Petlad, BJP has given ticket to Dipak Patel. Supporters of Himanshu Patel, who was also seeking ticket, today burnt Dipak`s effigy and demanded a reconsideration of the decision.
Borsad BJP worker Ashok Patel has joined GPP. He will contest from Borsad on the GPP ticket, after protesting BJP`s decision to give ticket to Nainaben Solanki, a district panchayat member.
Ashok Patel pointed out that Solanki`s husband Ramanbhai Solanki had contested on BJP ticket in 2007 and lost.
In Kapadvanj, dominated by Charotar Patel community, former MLA Bimal Shah has quit BJP to join GPP. Shah was once state Road and Transport minister in the BJP government headed by Keshubhai Patel. Shah will now contest from Kapadvanj.
Ninety-five assembly constituencies in North Gujarat, Central Gujarat and Kutch district in western Gujarat will go to polls on December 17, in the first phase.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Now cancel counter-booked wait-listed train tickets online
- Watch: How a bionic suit helped a paralyzed father make his daughter's wedding day memorable!
- Maoists kill LJP leader, brother in Bihar
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Sania Mirza, Leander Paes, Rohan Bopanna enter French Open second round
- Panama probe independent of Bachchan's presence at Modi bash: Union Law Minister