Gujarat polls 2012: Dissidence in Kheda within BJP after declaration of candidates
Anand/Kheda: The dissidence within BJP over ticket distribution is leading to some workers joining Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) of the former Chief Minister and former BJP leader Keshubhai Patel.
Kheda district panchayat president Rakesh Rao has quit his post over BJP`s decision to give ticket to sitting MLA Devsinh Chauhan. Rao will contest from Matar on GPP ticket.
In Petlad, BJP has given ticket to Dipak Patel. Supporters of Himanshu Patel, who was also seeking ticket, today burnt Dipak`s effigy and demanded a reconsideration of the decision.
Borsad BJP worker Ashok Patel has joined GPP. He will contest from Borsad on the GPP ticket, after protesting BJP`s decision to give ticket to Nainaben Solanki, a district panchayat member.
Ashok Patel pointed out that Solanki`s husband Ramanbhai Solanki had contested on BJP ticket in 2007 and lost.
In Kapadvanj, dominated by Charotar Patel community, former MLA Bimal Shah has quit BJP to join GPP. Shah was once state Road and Transport minister in the BJP government headed by Keshubhai Patel. Shah will now contest from Kapadvanj.
Ninety-five assembly constituencies in North Gujarat, Central Gujarat and Kutch district in western Gujarat will go to polls on December 17, in the first phase.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow