Gujarat polls 2012: Dissidence in Kheda within BJP after declaration of candidates
Anand/Kheda: The dissidence within BJP over ticket distribution is leading to some workers joining Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) of the former Chief Minister and former BJP leader Keshubhai Patel.
Kheda district panchayat president Rakesh Rao has quit his post over BJP`s decision to give ticket to sitting MLA Devsinh Chauhan. Rao will contest from Matar on GPP ticket.
In Petlad, BJP has given ticket to Dipak Patel. Supporters of Himanshu Patel, who was also seeking ticket, today burnt Dipak`s effigy and demanded a reconsideration of the decision.
Borsad BJP worker Ashok Patel has joined GPP. He will contest from Borsad on the GPP ticket, after protesting BJP`s decision to give ticket to Nainaben Solanki, a district panchayat member.
Ashok Patel pointed out that Solanki`s husband Ramanbhai Solanki had contested on BJP ticket in 2007 and lost.
In Kapadvanj, dominated by Charotar Patel community, former MLA Bimal Shah has quit BJP to join GPP. Shah was once state Road and Transport minister in the BJP government headed by Keshubhai Patel. Shah will now contest from Kapadvanj.
Ninety-five assembly constituencies in North Gujarat, Central Gujarat and Kutch district in western Gujarat will go to polls on December 17, in the first phase.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends