Gujarat polls 2012: Dissidence in Kheda within BJP after declaration of candidates
Anand/Kheda: The dissidence within BJP over ticket distribution is leading to some workers joining Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) of the former Chief Minister and former BJP leader Keshubhai Patel.
Kheda district panchayat president Rakesh Rao has quit his post over BJP`s decision to give ticket to sitting MLA Devsinh Chauhan. Rao will contest from Matar on GPP ticket.
In Petlad, BJP has given ticket to Dipak Patel. Supporters of Himanshu Patel, who was also seeking ticket, today burnt Dipak`s effigy and demanded a reconsideration of the decision.
Borsad BJP worker Ashok Patel has joined GPP. He will contest from Borsad on the GPP ticket, after protesting BJP`s decision to give ticket to Nainaben Solanki, a district panchayat member.
Ashok Patel pointed out that Solanki`s husband Ramanbhai Solanki had contested on BJP ticket in 2007 and lost.
In Kapadvanj, dominated by Charotar Patel community, former MLA Bimal Shah has quit BJP to join GPP. Shah was once state Road and Transport minister in the BJP government headed by Keshubhai Patel. Shah will now contest from Kapadvanj.
Ninety-five assembly constituencies in North Gujarat, Central Gujarat and Kutch district in western Gujarat will go to polls on December 17, in the first phase.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today
- Baaghi tweet review: First day first show!