Gujarat polls: Code violation complaint against Am
Ahmedabad: A complaint was filed on Sunday against BJP leader and former Gujarat minister Amit Shah for allegedly violating the model code of conduct by taking out a procession after the poll campaign deadline had ended.
Shah is contesting from Naranpura constituency here.
Gujarat Congress legal cell`s advocate Nikunj Ballar filed the complaint against the former Minister of State for Home with officials of Election Commission in Gandhinagar.
"Shah today led a group of supporters in Sola housing area here with drums and other fanfare without prior permission, which is a clear violation of code," he said.
"He has put up his election banners in some residential colonies without permission of residents," Ballar added.
Congress candidate from Naranpura Jitendra Patel also alleged that Shah had brought "muscle power" to threaten and pressurise voters.
Patel, who crossed over to Congress from BJP just before the announcement of the list of Congress candidates, was elected to the state Assembly in 2002, but was sidelined in 2007 because of his proximity to former Chief Minister Keshubhai Patel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30