Gujarat polls: EC receives 685 complaints; 32 FIRs registered
Ahmedabad: The Election Commission has so far received 685 complaints of violation of Model Code of Conduct in poll-bound Gujarat, and ordered registration of FIR in 32 cases of poll-related offences.
Gujarat chief electoral officer Anita Karwal said that of the 685 complaints, 658 were disposed of.
The ruling BJP has registered 27 complaints of violation of code of conduct, while the Congress has lodged 16.
"Fifteen of the 27 complaints registered by BJP have been disposed of while the remaining have been forwarded to the EC for further action. Six complaints lodged by Congress regarding MCC violation have been sent to the EC for further action," she said.
Maximum number of complaints (68) came from Rajkot district. Interestingly, no complaint came from Ahmedabad, the biggest district of the state in size and population.
Eight FIRs have been lodged in Mehsana, four in Banaskantha and Surat, three in Ahmedabad (in poll-related offences, though not for MCC violation), Rajkot and Junagadh, two in Kutch, Vadodara, Narmada and one in Jamnagar, Karwal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL