Gujarat polls: Repolling ordered on three booths
Ahmedabad: The Election Commission of India has ordered re-polling on three polling booths in as many Assembly seats on Sunday after the Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) at these stations developed technical snags.
Voting in these three booths was held in the first phase of Gujarat Assembly Elections on December 13.
Repolling has been ordered on booth No 169 Kotda in Jamjodhpur Assembly constituency, which falls in Jamnagar district while polling station No 69 Kamlej-III in Bhavnagar Rural Assembly seat will also vote again on Sunday.
Besides, there is re-polling in booth No 27 Katargam in Surat North Assembly constituency, Additional chief electoral officer Ashok Manek said.
In Bhavnagar rural, two political heavyweights of Gujarat-- BJP`s Parshottam Solanki, allegedly accused in Rs 400 crore fisheries scam, and Leader of Opposition and Congress Legislature Party leader Shaktisinh Gohil are locking horns with each other.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- No confirmation on meeting with Manohar Parrikar on OROP: Ex-servicemen
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends