Gujarat polls: Shweta Bhatt says she is fighting for truth
Ahmedabad: Shweta Bhatt, who is pitted against Chief Minister Narendra Modi in the Gujarat Assembly Elections, on Monday cast her ballot in Maninagar constituency.
Just before voting in the area of Ahmedabad city, the wife of suspended IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt, said she was fighting for truth, said ANI.
The Maninagar constituency is considered to be a BJP stronghold.
In the 2007 election, Modi had won Maninagar by around 75,000 votes defeating Dinsha Patel of the Congress.
Although Shweta is not seen as someone who can defeat Modi in his home turf, her entry into the fray would ensure that the BJP does not take Modi’s victory as a foregone conclusion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Nora Fatehi not happy with Salman Yusuf Khan's entry in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'?
- This herbal combo packs powerful punch against colon cancer
- Twist in tale! Lalit Modi to install son Ruchir as Rajasthan Cricket Association boss
- 225 killed or missing in China torrential rains; 2.5 lakh people trapped
- Elvis Presley almost choked himself to death with drugs