Gujarat polls: Will celebrate bigger Diwali on Dec 20, says Narendra Modi
Gandhinagar: Confident of a big win in the forthcoming state Assembly elections, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday said his party will celebrate a bigger Diwali on December 20, the day when poll results will be out.
"This time we will celebrate Diwali twice, one the traditional Diwali and second to celebrate the victory of democracy. On December 20, we will celebrate Diwali in such a grand way that nobody would have celebrated before in the state," Modi claimed here today.
Counting of votes of Gujarat elections will be held on December 20 while voting will take place on December 13 and 17.
The CM was addressing the BJP Youth Wing workers before flagging off their `Vijay Prayan Yatra` in which 1300 workers of the party will be send across the the state for campaign.
Mounting his attack on Opposition Congress, Modi said their campaigns run on the power of money and falsehood.
"But we do not want any shortcuts, we will fight this elections on the strength of our cadres," he said.
"We don`t have to stop even after winning Gujarat, as we have still have task ahead of winning more hearts," Modi added.
"My problem is, everybody is thinking that even after attacking him with so much force why he remains unmoved. How can anything happen to me when lakhs of you are protecting me. Never bother if someone targets you with baseless and false allegations... I am tolerating it for past 12 years. I am wondering why can`t Congress tolerate it", he asked.
"Look at how Salman Khurshid behaved when allegations were levelled against him for pocketing the grant money alloted to handicapped people. He threatened activists with dire consequences. He lost temper in three days of targeted allegations, whereas I am tolerating it for past 12 years," Modi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video