Gujarat polls: Will celebrate bigger Diwali on Dec 20, says Narendra Modi
Gandhinagar: Confident of a big win in the forthcoming state Assembly elections, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday said his party will celebrate a bigger Diwali on December 20, the day when poll results will be out.
"This time we will celebrate Diwali twice, one the traditional Diwali and second to celebrate the victory of democracy. On December 20, we will celebrate Diwali in such a grand way that nobody would have celebrated before in the state," Modi claimed here today.
Counting of votes of Gujarat elections will be held on December 20 while voting will take place on December 13 and 17.
The CM was addressing the BJP Youth Wing workers before flagging off their `Vijay Prayan Yatra` in which 1300 workers of the party will be send across the the state for campaign.
Mounting his attack on Opposition Congress, Modi said their campaigns run on the power of money and falsehood.
"But we do not want any shortcuts, we will fight this elections on the strength of our cadres," he said.
"We don`t have to stop even after winning Gujarat, as we have still have task ahead of winning more hearts," Modi added.
"My problem is, everybody is thinking that even after attacking him with so much force why he remains unmoved. How can anything happen to me when lakhs of you are protecting me. Never bother if someone targets you with baseless and false allegations... I am tolerating it for past 12 years. I am wondering why can`t Congress tolerate it", he asked.
"Look at how Salman Khurshid behaved when allegations were levelled against him for pocketing the grant money alloted to handicapped people. He threatened activists with dire consequences. He lost temper in three days of targeted allegations, whereas I am tolerating it for past 12 years," Modi said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged