Gujarat polls: Will celebrate bigger Diwali on Dec 20, says Narendra Modi
Gandhinagar: Confident of a big win in the forthcoming state Assembly elections, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday said his party will celebrate a bigger Diwali on December 20, the day when poll results will be out.
"This time we will celebrate Diwali twice, one the traditional Diwali and second to celebrate the victory of democracy. On December 20, we will celebrate Diwali in such a grand way that nobody would have celebrated before in the state," Modi claimed here today.
Counting of votes of Gujarat elections will be held on December 20 while voting will take place on December 13 and 17.
The CM was addressing the BJP Youth Wing workers before flagging off their `Vijay Prayan Yatra` in which 1300 workers of the party will be send across the the state for campaign.
Mounting his attack on Opposition Congress, Modi said their campaigns run on the power of money and falsehood.
"But we do not want any shortcuts, we will fight this elections on the strength of our cadres," he said.
"We don`t have to stop even after winning Gujarat, as we have still have task ahead of winning more hearts," Modi added.
"My problem is, everybody is thinking that even after attacking him with so much force why he remains unmoved. How can anything happen to me when lakhs of you are protecting me. Never bother if someone targets you with baseless and false allegations... I am tolerating it for past 12 years. I am wondering why can`t Congress tolerate it", he asked.
"Look at how Salman Khurshid behaved when allegations were levelled against him for pocketing the grant money alloted to handicapped people. He threatened activists with dire consequences. He lost temper in three days of targeted allegations, whereas I am tolerating it for past 12 years," Modi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- 'Befikre' Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor's latest STILL will make you standstill!
- Mars had climate suitable for life four billion years ago
- Wedding SONG of the year 'Nachde Ne Saare' has Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra dance to glory! Watch
- Afzal Guru event: JNU panel holds 21 students 'guilty of indiscipline'; no relief to Umar, Anirban
- Water shortage may have led to demise of Maya civilisation