Gujarat polls: Will celebrate bigger Diwali on Dec 20, says Narendra Modi
Gandhinagar: Confident of a big win in the forthcoming state Assembly elections, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday said his party will celebrate a bigger Diwali on December 20, the day when poll results will be out.
"This time we will celebrate Diwali twice, one the traditional Diwali and second to celebrate the victory of democracy. On December 20, we will celebrate Diwali in such a grand way that nobody would have celebrated before in the state," Modi claimed here today.
Counting of votes of Gujarat elections will be held on December 20 while voting will take place on December 13 and 17.
The CM was addressing the BJP Youth Wing workers before flagging off their `Vijay Prayan Yatra` in which 1300 workers of the party will be send across the the state for campaign.
Mounting his attack on Opposition Congress, Modi said their campaigns run on the power of money and falsehood.
"But we do not want any shortcuts, we will fight this elections on the strength of our cadres," he said.
"We don`t have to stop even after winning Gujarat, as we have still have task ahead of winning more hearts," Modi added.
"My problem is, everybody is thinking that even after attacking him with so much force why he remains unmoved. How can anything happen to me when lakhs of you are protecting me. Never bother if someone targets you with baseless and false allegations... I am tolerating it for past 12 years. I am wondering why can`t Congress tolerate it", he asked.
"Look at how Salman Khurshid behaved when allegations were levelled against him for pocketing the grant money alloted to handicapped people. He threatened activists with dire consequences. He lost temper in three days of targeted allegations, whereas I am tolerating it for past 12 years," Modi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks