Gujarat results 2012: ‘Modi won’t win even 100 seats’
Ahmedabad: While exit polls and post-poll surveys have predicted a landslide victory for Narendra Modi in the Gujarat Assembly Elections 2012, the bookies in the state have a different view on the incumbent chief minister.
Bookies believe the BJP will find it tough to even bag 100 seats, reported the Economic Times. Compare this with exit polls and post-poll surveys, which have forecast 120-140 seats for the party in the 182-seat state Assembly.
Modi will most likely be headed for the national capital if exits polls’ prediction comes true. However, if bookies get it right Modi will still win a hat-trick in Gujarat but his prime ministerial ambitions may get hurt, that too badly.
The BJP had secured a 117-seat victory in the last elections in 2007. Only a better performance will boost Modi’s chances for prime ministership, because he has more adversaries than any other BJP leader.
As per reports, bets to the tune of Rs 5,000 crores have been placed on the Gujarat polls. And the big money market is taking a different view on Modi’s chances compared to national TV channels and pollsters.
ET reported that six days ago, bookies were willing to offer 114 paise for every 100 paise bet on BJP winning 100 seats. Now, the betting market is willing to pay 117 paise for 100 paise for the same bet.
The bookies have, however, not altered the 500 paise reward for the Congress winning more than 65 seats.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know