Gujarat State Petronet`s Q2 net rises 3-fold to Rs 110 cr
Mumbai: Natural gas transmission firm
Gujarat State Petronet Ltd on Friday posted an over three-fold
jump in its net profit at Rs 110.05 crore for the second
quarter ended September 30, 2009.
Total income of the company increased to Rs 260.63 crore
in the quarter under review from Rs 125.82 crore during the
same period previous year, Gujarat State Petronet said in
a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange.
For the six-month period ended September 30, 2009, net
profit rose to Rs 190.54 crore from Rs 61.02 crore in the
same period previous year.
Total income jumped up to Rs 465.58 crore in the
six-month period under review from Rs 238.08 crore in the
same period last fiscal.
In another regulatory disclosure, Gujarat State Petronet
said it has approved allotment of over 1.09 lakh equity shares
under the employees stock option plan (ESOP).
The board of directors took a decision to this effect at
its meeting held on Friday.
The paid-up equity capital stood increased to over Rs
562.32 crore from the existing Rs 562.21 crore, it said.
Shares of the company closed at Rs 88.95, up 4.89 per
cent from the previous close on the BSE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened