Gulf frequency of AI Exp to decrease by 8-10%
Dubai: Air India Express` decision to curtail
a number of flights on several routes, including the Gulf, was
based on operational reasons and the frequency drop would be
only 8 to 10 per cent, a senior AI official here said.
The cancellation of certain frequencies to the Gulf
sector was done to rightsize the airline`s due to commercial
and operational reasons, Abhay Pathak, Air India`s regional
manager - Gulf, said.
Services to Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Muscat and Kuwait
have been affected by the decision. However, most of the
cancellations are after the peak season beginning from
September 20 to October 30.
"This is a response to the commercial demand and we
have a back-up plan in place. Moreover we will be re-serving
those frequencies in the future," Pathak said.
He said as the cabin crew are not supposed to exceed
1,000 hours of flying in a year, such a rescheduling becomes
Pathak also claimed that the changes in flight
schedules will not affect the passengers as arrangements have
been made to ensure "convenience".
"We will operate bigger aircraft if needed as this is
also about consolidation of capacity," he said.
As a result of the curtailment, flights from Sharjah
to Calicut and Thiruvananthapuram have been reduced from four
to two while on the Cochin sector the daily Air India Express
flight remains in operation as an alternative.
Air India Express operating from Dubai to
Thiruvananthapuram will now operate six days a week and not
Flights to Lucknow have also been reduced to three days a
week from the normal four days and the Amritsar flight will
operate six days a week.
The affected passengers are being called and informed of
the cancellations and alternative rebooking or refund is being
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional