Gursharan Kaur checks buying temptation at trade fair
New Delhi: Going around the India
International Trade Fair here, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s
wife Gursharan Kaur had admiration for several Khadi and
handloom items but did not pick any, for she felt the artisans
and vendors would not take money from her.
"I liked several things and I wanted to buy them. But I
controlled myself because they (the exhibitors) would not
charge me and I would not have liked them for free," Kaur
said, inaugurating the Khadi Pavillion at the IITF which
She said each of the items on display had manifestations
of the artisans` hardwork and dedication.
Kaur, 72, had a good look at the Sambalpuri sarees of
Orissa, Kashmiri shawls, bamboo toys from the northeast and
The two-week fair would open for general public from
November 19, the first five days being reserved for business
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: All seats declared - BJP emerges as biggest gainer, bags 81 seats; Shiv Sena gets 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Big setback for Shiv Sena as BJP bags 81 seats in BMC
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway