Gurusaidatt loses, Indian challenge ends at NZ International
New Delhi: Indian challenge ended at the New Zealand International Challenge badminton tournament after RMV Gurusaidatt lost to Hong Kong`s Wing Ki Wong in a marathon quarter-final contest in Auckland on Saturday.
Gurusaidatt lost 20-22 23-21 16-21 in a match, which lasted over an hour, to bow out of the event.
National champion Arvind Bhat had also crashed out after losing to Chinese Taipei`s Jen Hao Hsu 21-19 21-16 in a hard-fought battle in the pre-quarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror