Guv’s death: Kerala declares 7 day mourning
Thiruvananthapuram: A seven-day mourning has
been declared in Kerala as a mark of respect to Governor MOH Farook, who died in Chennai last night.
The government of the Union Territory of Puducherry, from
where Farook hails, also declared a three-day mourning.
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy has left for Puducherry to
attend the funeral of Farook, slated for this afternoon.
The Puducherry cabinet took the decision to observe four
day mourning at a hurriedly convened meeting, presided over by
Chief Minister N Rangasamy.
Rangasamy later told reporters that the cabinet through a
resolution, also conveyed its condolence to the bereaved
Farook, 74, died last night at the Apollo Hospitals in
Chennai where he was undergoing treatment since last month for
kidney problems and other ailments.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside