Gyan committed to Sunderland
Sunderland: Ghana international striker Asamoah Gyan has dismissed speculation linking him with a move away from Sunderland this summer.
The 25-year-old has been linked with moves to Stoke and Tottenham in recent weeks.
But Gyan insisted on Tuesday he has no intention of leaving in the foreseeable future.
He told a website: "I am not leaving Sunderland and I am not interested in these rumours in the newspapers and on the internet.
"I am fully committed to Sunderland because I love the institution and traditions of this club.
"I am staying at Sunderland next season and for the foreseeable future and I am looking forward to meeting my team-mates and Sunderland fans when we return next month."
Gyan joined Sunderland in a £13million-plus move from Rennes last summer and scored 11 goals in his first campaign on Wearside.
Manager Steve Bruce bought him to partner Darren Bent in attack, although his plans had to be ripped up when the England international left for Aston Villa in January.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!