Hacked government websites restored
New Delhi: Five government websites, including that of the DRDO`s, which were recently attacked by Algeria-based hackers have been restored by cyber security sleuths, a top official on Thursday said.
"Five sites were hacked on the night of October 29 by Algerian hackers. We have restored the websites. Vulnerabilities have been found and we are strengthening these websites," Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (ICERT) Director General Gulshan Rai told PTI here.
The other sites that were hacked were Recruitment and Assessment Centre (RAC), Rehabilitation Council of India, Directorate of Estates and that of Sam Pitroda, Advisor to the Prime Minister on Public Information, Infrastructure and Innovations.
All these sites were managed by the National Informatics Centre (NIC).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites