Hair-line fracture rules Dravid out of series
Mirpur: Star Indian batsman Rahul Dravid would not be participating in the remaining of the Test series against Bangladesh following a hairline fracture on his jaw.
Dravid was hit by a rising Shahat Hossain delivery in the 82nd over of the Indian innings on the second day of the second Test against Bangladesh here on Monday after which he was forced to leave to field immediately.
Reports last pouring into Zeecric.com confirmed Dravid’s medical status and also that he would be returning home as soon as possible.
This comes as a blow to the Indian dressing room considering a week’s series coming against South Africa.
Dravid scored a smashing 111 runs, thus claiming his 29th Test century. The enormous 222 runs third wicket partnership between him and Sachin Tendulkar a lead of 226 runs to the visitors at stumps.
However, Dravid’s run-scoring spree was cut short when he was hit on his ear-guard by Hossain’s bouncer, which forced him to immediately leave the ground.
Bangladesh Cricket Board President Mustafa Kamal, who visited Dravid at the hospital, confirmed that the Indian batsman has suffered two light fracture.
“Rahul (Dravid) has two light fractures (on his jaw) and has been kept under observation. He may be released tomorrow or day after.
“He can have light food. Doctors said he can go back home after being discharged from the hospital. It is upto him and the Indian board to decide on going back home,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'