Hamilton accuses Italian rival team of helping Vettel
London: British Formula One racer Lewis Hamilton has sensationally accused a rival team of illegally helping out title rival Sebastian Vettel.
British ace reckoned that Toro Rosso was colluding with Red Bull to aid championship pace setter Vettel.
Hamilton claimed the Italian-based outfit`s drivers Sebastien Buemi and Jaime Alguersuari blocked him in last weekend`s Spanish Grand Prix.
And McLaren ace Hamilton, 26, blasted: "This kind of thing shouldn`t happen because they are not really supposed to be a sister team are they?”
He added: "If that continues to happen then some penalties should probably be handed out."
Hamilton chased Vettel for more than 40 laps in Barcelona on Sunday but could never get close enough to mount an overtaking bid.
He insisted he would not make a personal complaint but had made his team aware of his problems.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video