Hamilton accuses Italian rival team of helping Vettel
London: British Formula One racer Lewis Hamilton has sensationally accused a rival team of illegally helping out title rival Sebastian Vettel.
British ace reckoned that Toro Rosso was colluding with Red Bull to aid championship pace setter Vettel.
Hamilton claimed the Italian-based outfit`s drivers Sebastien Buemi and Jaime Alguersuari blocked him in last weekend`s Spanish Grand Prix.
And McLaren ace Hamilton, 26, blasted: "This kind of thing shouldn`t happen because they are not really supposed to be a sister team are they?”
He added: "If that continues to happen then some penalties should probably be handed out."
Hamilton chased Vettel for more than 40 laps in Barcelona on Sunday but could never get close enough to mount an overtaking bid.
He insisted he would not make a personal complaint but had made his team aware of his problems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting begins - Who will win BJP or Shiv Sena?
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: BJP's Rita Padole, Ravi Landge win from Amravati, Pimpri Chinchwad seats; Shiv Sena takes early lead in BMC polls