Hamilton excited to drive in 2011 Indian GP
Chennai: 2008 Formula One champion Lewis Hamilton said he was looking forward to drive in the inaugural Indian Grand Prix to be held in Greater Noida on October 30 next year.
“It`s going to be incredible experience for me (driving in Indian Grand Prix). There were hardly any fans at the Turkey Grand Prix. But with the huge number of fans and support in India, I look forward to it (participating in the Indian Grand Prix),” said Hamilton, who is on his third visit to India for a promotional event.
The ace Formula One driver was, who was flown straight from the Chennai airport to the Madras Motorsport Race Track here, drove the Rs 2.4 crore Mercedes AMG on the track as part of the event.
Asked about his chances of winning this year`s World Championship title, Hamilton, who is currently second in the drivers standings, said anything can happen as there are still five races to go.
“Its very challenging with strong competition, but there are still chances of winning the title with five races to go,” he said.
Asked how he felt to drive along side seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher he said, “Wow! It`s great. It is an honour to drive along with him.”
Around 10 people, who won a contest conducted by Vodafone, were individually taken for a drive by Hamilton on the race track.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre