Hamilton wins Chinese Grand Prix
Shanghai: McLaren driver Lewis Hamilton won the Chinese Grand Prix on Sunday, passing Red Bull`s Sebastian Vettel for the lead with five laps remaining.
Vettel made a strong bid for three straight wins to start the Formula One season but he could not hold off Hamilton, who had fresher tyres in the closing stages.
Red Bull`s Mark Webber was third, driving a superb race after starting 18th on the grid.
McLaren`s Jenson Button was fourth, ahead of Mercedes` Nico Rosberg and Ferrari`s Felipe Massa, who all led at various stages of the race.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP