Haryana beat Jharkhand 3-1 to win women`s hockey gold
Ranchi: Haryana defeated Jharkhand 3-1 in the women`s hockey final to pick up gold medal in the 34th National Games here on Friday.
Dominating the proceedings in front of a capacity crowd, Joydeep Kaur put Haryana into lead in the second minute through a brilliant penalty corner shot.
Barely two minutes later, Surinder Kaur made it 2-0 for the winners.
Ten minutes into the second half, Kanti Baa pulled one back that saw the game once again liven up till Surinder Kaur scored her second goal in the 51st minute through a marvelous penalty corner strike to increase the lead to 3-1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30