Haryana beat Jharkhand 3-1 to win women`s hockey gold
Ranchi: Haryana defeated Jharkhand 3-1 in the women`s hockey final to pick up gold medal in the 34th National Games here on Friday.
Dominating the proceedings in front of a capacity crowd, Joydeep Kaur put Haryana into lead in the second minute through a brilliant penalty corner shot.
Barely two minutes later, Surinder Kaur made it 2-0 for the winners.
Ten minutes into the second half, Kanti Baa pulled one back that saw the game once again liven up till Surinder Kaur scored her second goal in the 51st minute through a marvelous penalty corner strike to increase the lead to 3-1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt