Haryana first state to have voters` list with photographs
Chandigarh, Feb 26: Electorate of more than 1.19 crore voters in Haryana will have its photographs printed on the electoral rolls, making Haryana the first state in the
country to publish the entire voters` lists with photographs.
Only Union territory Chandigarh achived this feat before Haryana.
A spokesman of HARTRON (Haryana State Electronics Development Corporation), the agency assigned work for preparing computerised voter`s lists and Electoral Photo
Identity Cards (EPICs) in Haryana, Punjab and Chandigarh, Thursday said the exercise was carried out keeping in mind delimitation exercise in Haryana.
The exercise in Chandigarh was completed in January 2008 and efforts are now on to finish work of affixing photographs of all the electors on the electoral rolls in Punjab.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai