Haryana first state to have voters` list with photographs
Chandigarh, Feb 26: Electorate of more than 1.19 crore voters in Haryana will have its photographs printed on the electoral rolls, making Haryana the first state in the
country to publish the entire voters` lists with photographs.
Only Union territory Chandigarh achived this feat before Haryana.
A spokesman of HARTRON (Haryana State Electronics Development Corporation), the agency assigned work for preparing computerised voter`s lists and Electoral Photo
Identity Cards (EPICs) in Haryana, Punjab and Chandigarh, Thursday said the exercise was carried out keeping in mind delimitation exercise in Haryana.
The exercise in Chandigarh was completed in January 2008 and efforts are now on to finish work of affixing photographs of all the electors on the electoral rolls in Punjab.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!