Haryana first state to have voters` list with photographs
Chandigarh, Feb 26: Electorate of more than 1.19 crore voters in Haryana will have its photographs printed on the electoral rolls, making Haryana the first state in the
country to publish the entire voters` lists with photographs.
Only Union territory Chandigarh achived this feat before Haryana.
A spokesman of HARTRON (Haryana State Electronics Development Corporation), the agency assigned work for preparing computerised voter`s lists and Electoral Photo
Identity Cards (EPICs) in Haryana, Punjab and Chandigarh, Thursday said the exercise was carried out keeping in mind delimitation exercise in Haryana.
The exercise in Chandigarh was completed in January 2008 and efforts are now on to finish work of affixing photographs of all the electors on the electoral rolls in Punjab.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video