Haryana first state to have voters` list with photographs
Chandigarh, Feb 26: Electorate of more than 1.19 crore voters in Haryana will have its photographs printed on the electoral rolls, making Haryana the first state in the
country to publish the entire voters` lists with photographs.
Only Union territory Chandigarh achived this feat before Haryana.
A spokesman of HARTRON (Haryana State Electronics Development Corporation), the agency assigned work for preparing computerised voter`s lists and Electoral Photo
Identity Cards (EPICs) in Haryana, Punjab and Chandigarh, Thursday said the exercise was carried out keeping in mind delimitation exercise in Haryana.
The exercise in Chandigarh was completed in January 2008 and efforts are now on to finish work of affixing photographs of all the electors on the electoral rolls in Punjab.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj