Haryana to promote sports through Gram panchayats
Chandigarh: The Haryana Government has formulated a new scheme to promote sports through Gram Panchayats by organising competitions at the level of village, block, district and state.
Under the scheme, energy of the rural youth would be channelised through sports, O P Singh, Director, Sports and Youth Affairs stated while inaugurating the three day 2nd Haryana State Panchayat Youth sports meet in Kurukshetra, an official release said.
Singh said the youth in the rural areas were so energetic and strong that they were capable of meeting any challenge without fear. These sports competitions have been started to give them right direction in sports.
He also said that the state government was also constructing sports stadia in big villages in all blocks to promote sports. Under this scheme, 168 sports stadia have been set up.
He suggested the youth to set their targets in sports and work hard to achieve them. Similarly, they should dream big and strive hard to realise them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are festivals and other social fete being manipulated for political benefits?
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- UEFA Champions League draw: Barca reunion for Guardiola, Madrid get Dortmund, Arsenal pair PSG
- Clinton tops 50% support from US voters in latest poll
- Bihar floods kill eight more; water recedes in UP but still in red
- Tired of frequent dandruff problem? Try these home remedies!
- Pakistan to host West Indies for pink ball Test in UAE