Haryana to promote sports through Gram panchayats
Chandigarh: The Haryana Government has formulated a new scheme to promote sports through Gram Panchayats by organising competitions at the level of village, block, district and state.
Under the scheme, energy of the rural youth would be channelised through sports, O P Singh, Director, Sports and Youth Affairs stated while inaugurating the three day 2nd Haryana State Panchayat Youth sports meet in Kurukshetra, an official release said.
Singh said the youth in the rural areas were so energetic and strong that they were capable of meeting any challenge without fear. These sports competitions have been started to give them right direction in sports.
He also said that the state government was also constructing sports stadia in big villages in all blocks to promote sports. Under this scheme, 168 sports stadia have been set up.
He suggested the youth to set their targets in sports and work hard to achieve them. Similarly, they should dream big and strive hard to realise them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?