Haryana to promote sports through Gram panchayats
Chandigarh: The Haryana Government has formulated a new scheme to promote sports through Gram Panchayats by organising competitions at the level of village, block, district and state.
Under the scheme, energy of the rural youth would be channelised through sports, O P Singh, Director, Sports and Youth Affairs stated while inaugurating the three day 2nd Haryana State Panchayat Youth sports meet in Kurukshetra, an official release said.
Singh said the youth in the rural areas were so energetic and strong that they were capable of meeting any challenge without fear. These sports competitions have been started to give them right direction in sports.
He also said that the state government was also constructing sports stadia in big villages in all blocks to promote sports. Under this scheme, 168 sports stadia have been set up.
He suggested the youth to set their targets in sports and work hard to achieve them. Similarly, they should dream big and strive hard to realise them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab