Haryana to promote sports through Gram panchayats
Chandigarh: The Haryana Government has formulated a new scheme to promote sports through Gram Panchayats by organising competitions at the level of village, block, district and state.
Under the scheme, energy of the rural youth would be channelised through sports, O P Singh, Director, Sports and Youth Affairs stated while inaugurating the three day 2nd Haryana State Panchayat Youth sports meet in Kurukshetra, an official release said.
Singh said the youth in the rural areas were so energetic and strong that they were capable of meeting any challenge without fear. These sports competitions have been started to give them right direction in sports.
He also said that the state government was also constructing sports stadia in big villages in all blocks to promote sports. Under this scheme, 168 sports stadia have been set up.
He suggested the youth to set their targets in sports and work hard to achieve them. Similarly, they should dream big and strive hard to realise them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read