Haryana to promote sports through Gram panchayats
Chandigarh: The Haryana Government has formulated a new scheme to promote sports through Gram Panchayats by organising competitions at the level of village, block, district and state.
Under the scheme, energy of the rural youth would be channelised through sports, O P Singh, Director, Sports and Youth Affairs stated while inaugurating the three day 2nd Haryana State Panchayat Youth sports meet in Kurukshetra, an official release said.
Singh said the youth in the rural areas were so energetic and strong that they were capable of meeting any challenge without fear. These sports competitions have been started to give them right direction in sports.
He also said that the state government was also constructing sports stadia in big villages in all blocks to promote sports. Under this scheme, 168 sports stadia have been set up.
He suggested the youth to set their targets in sports and work hard to achieve them. Similarly, they should dream big and strive hard to realise them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan