Haryana top judo competition with 3rd gold
Ranchi: Haryana`s Narender earned the state their third gold in judo as they finished on top on the last day of the competition in the 34th National Games here Friday.
Narender beat Bijendra Singh of Services in the men`s open weight title as Uday Vir of Delhi and Satiender Pal Singh of Punjab made semifinal exits to settle for bronze medals.
Chana Navjot of Punjab beat home state`s L Dinit for the men`s 60kg title while Rabi of Delhi and Veer Bahadur of Uttar Pradesh finished with bronze medals.
Jharkhand bagged a gold through Bembem in the below 48kg category after defeating Haryana`s Rajani as Karnataka`s Kutuja Multani and Manipur`s Tombi Devi Khumujam had to settle for bronze medals.
Karnataka girl Rohini Patil defeated Manipur`s Brojeshori Devi Lourembam in the open weight final as Rajwinder (Punjab) and Divya (Haryana) bagged the bronze medals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead