Hazare`s agitation premature; govt open to all suggestions: Congress
New Delhi: As social activist Anna
Hazare continued his indefinite fast for the second day on the
Lokpal Bill issue, Congress on Wednesday stuck to its stand that the
agitation was premature as government was open to all
"The fast by Anna Hazare was premature and in a
democracy debates should be held before a policy is framed,"
party spokesperson Jayanthi Natarjan told reporters here.
Hazare has slammed the Congress for "misleading" the
people by dubbing his agitation as unnecessary and premature.
Natarajan said, "While many people won`t agree on the
Lokpal Bill and have different shades of opinion on the issue,
the NAC and other fora are already discussing the proposed
legislation.... the far reaching changes suggested by Hazare
need broad discussions before a final draft can be arrived
At the same time, she added that "no time frame can be
set" for taking such decisions as they require wider
The party had yesterday also termed the indefinite
hunger strike by Hazare as "premature", saying the government
had already constituted a panel headed by Defence Minister AK
Antony to go into the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter