Hazare`s agitation premature; govt open to all suggestions: Congress
New Delhi: As social activist Anna
Hazare continued his indefinite fast for the second day on the
Lokpal Bill issue, Congress on Wednesday stuck to its stand that the
agitation was premature as government was open to all
"The fast by Anna Hazare was premature and in a
democracy debates should be held before a policy is framed,"
party spokesperson Jayanthi Natarjan told reporters here.
Hazare has slammed the Congress for "misleading" the
people by dubbing his agitation as unnecessary and premature.
Natarajan said, "While many people won`t agree on the
Lokpal Bill and have different shades of opinion on the issue,
the NAC and other fora are already discussing the proposed
legislation.... the far reaching changes suggested by Hazare
need broad discussions before a final draft can be arrived
At the same time, she added that "no time frame can be
set" for taking such decisions as they require wider
The party had yesterday also termed the indefinite
hunger strike by Hazare as "premature", saying the government
had already constituted a panel headed by Defence Minister AK
Antony to go into the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued