Hazare`s fasting shame for the country: Jaitley
Morigaon (Assam): Senior BJP leader Arun
Jaitley on Friday said it was a "shame" that respected Gandhian
Anna Hazare had to resort to fasting to protest against deep-
rooted corruption in the country.
"It is a matter of shame for us before the world that
Anna Hazare had to take the ultimate step of launching a fast-
unto-death to protest against deep-rooted corruption in the
world`s largest democratic government," Jaitley said at the
poll rally here today.
Hazare`s fast, he said, would lead to a country-wide
movement and would inspire people to join in and root out
Lambasting the UPA government at the Centre, he said
it was the "most corrupt government so far" with scam after
scam taking place during its regime. "The Congress is a party
of super scams."
Referring to the multi-crore rupees funds diversion
scam in North Cachar Hills district, he said if BJP is voted
to power those alleged to be involved in it would be probed
On the issue of infiltration, Jaitley said the party
was committed to finding a permanent solution to the vexed
foreigners issue and would update the National Register of
"BJP firmly believes that those who took shelter in
India during Bangladesh war should be considered as refugees
and not as illegal migrants," he said.
He claimed that BJP would be the deciding factor in
the formation of the next government in the state and Congress
would not be able to come to power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'