HC allows IOS to amend its petition against Vijender Singh
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court today allowed
sports management company Infinity Optimal Solutions to amend
its petition against boxer Vijender Singh to include damages
for violating an exclusive promotion contract.
A single member bench of Justice S N Dhingra directed
Infinity Optimal Solutions (IOS) to amend its petition seeking
damages from the Olympic medal winner.
The Court`s direction came after Justice Dhingra observed
during the proceedings that IOS had not sought any damages
from the boxer for his alleged violation of the contract.
"Do you want an option of amending the suit? As you have
not asked for any alternative relief or damages, you have this
option and could file it," said Justice Dhingra.
This was accepted by IOS and the court granted it one
week`s time to amend its main petition to seek damages.
Meanwhile, counsels appearing for Vijender Singh
submitted that the contract with IOS was not enforcible and
Earlier, on September 23, the court had restrained the
boxer from signing any deal with event management firm Percept
Ltd. The boxer had signed a multi-crore rupee deal with
Percept, which is being contested by IOS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?