HC quashes acquisition of 5 hectares of land in Gr Noida
Allahabad: In yet another case of annulment
of land acquisition by Uttar Pradesh government in Greater Noida, the Allahabad High Court Friday directed authorities to return five hectares of land to two farmers from Gautam Buddh
The court also imposed a cost of Rs 25,000 on the state
government and the Greater Noida Industrial Development Authority (GNIDA).
A division bench comprising justices Sunil Ambawani and
Manoj Mishra gave the verdict on the writ petition of Ram
Singh and another farmer, who owned 4.9 hectares of land in
village Briandi Chakrasenpur under Pargana Dadri tehsil which
had not been taken possession of despite a notification for
acquisition being issued over three years ago.
The petitioners had moved the court challenging
acquisition of their land, on which they had been carrying out
farming besides having built houses, vide notification dated
November 19, 2008 whereby a total of 9.8 hectares of land was
acquired in the village for the purpose of "planned industrial
The petitioners had submitted that their land was acquired
without the district authorities or the GNIDA having discussed
the matter with them and stated that they were not interested
in compensation or a share in the developed land but only
wanted back their plot, which had so far not been taken
The court allowed the petition while holding that the
respondents` objection to returning the land to petitioners
on the ground that "leaving a plot will raise concrete jungle and will affect the planning" was "totally devoid of force".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister