HC quashes RNRL’s Dadri land acquisition
Lucknow: Allahabad HC on Thursday quashed the Dadri land acquisition project of Anil Ambani’s RNRL.
As per the state support agreement (SSA) between the government and the Ambani`s power company, the project was to be built by 2008 at Dadri in Ghaziabad. When completed it would provide cheap electricity at the rate of Rs 2 per unit to power-starved UP.
Anil has been fighting a case against his brother in the SC for right over cheap gas from Reliance – to be used to fire up the Dadri plant.
Importantly, the ruling will have a major impact on the struggle between Anil and his brother Mukesh over gas from the Godavari basin.
The court decision came in amidst continuing protests by farmers, whose land was to be acquired, against the 10,000 MW gas-based power project. Alleging that land was acquired after giving them a meagre compensation, farmers under the banner of ‘Sahyog
Society’ have been demanding that land be given back to them as it was their only source of income.
While reacting to the Allahabad High Court judgement, ADAG on Friday claimed that the Dadri land acquisition project had not been put aside.
The group’s reaction came after the court on Friday quashed the acquisition of land by RNRL for its most ambitious mega power project at Dadri in Uttar Pradesh.
The company has all approvals needed for the project, RPL CEO J P Chalasani claimed today.
Ruling out that the project was put to the backburner, the organisation clarified, "The state government has been directed by the court to follow certain procedures in the land acquisition process."
Chalasani also accused unnamed corporate rivals of "distorting the scope and effect of the judgement" and spreading "malicious and false information through their known PR agencies." He asserted that the Ambani group was committed to invest over Rs 25,000 on the venture.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing