HCL Tech Q4 profit at Rs 193 cr; FY`09 net up 25%
Mumbai: Software exporter HCL Technologies on Tuesday reported a standalone net profit of Rs 192.94 crore for the quarter ended June 30, 2009, while it had a net loss of Rs 13.54 crore in the corresponding period previous fiscal.
The total income during the quarter rose to Rs 1,145.54 crore from Rs 1,107.75 crore in the June quarter of the previous fiscal, HCL Tech said in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange.
For the financial year ended June 30, 2009, HCL Tech posted a consolidated net profit of Rs 1,319.63 crore, a growth rate of 25.51 percent over the same period a year ago.
The software firm`s total income rose to Rs 10,229.41 crore at the end of FY`09 from Rs 7,562.78 crore in FY`08.
"We accelerated our investments in growth in enterprise application services, emerging geographies and new verticals. The early indicators of these investments are showing in our diversified business portfolio...and most importantly in employee satisfaction," HCL Tech CEO Vineet Nayar said.
The board has declared a dividend of 50 percent at the rate of Rs one per share for the fiscal year ended June 2009.
"With our robust financial position, we are well positioned for growth through these difficult times," HCL Tech Chairman and Chief Strategy Officer Shiv Nadar said.
HCL sees forex losses at $127 mn in FY ‘10
IT services firm HCL Technologies Ltd sees hedging losses at USD 127 million in the year to June 2010 based on forex rates of end-June, its finance chief said on Tuesday.
HCL had total hedges of USD 813 million as of June 30, Anil Chanana told a news conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH