HDFC Bank launches "health plus credit card"
Mumbai, Aug 06: HDFC Bank has partnered with National Insurance Company and Mastercard International to launch its "HDFC Bank health plus credit card" and expects to sell 15,000-20,000 cards in the first year of the alliance.
"This card, which will be available in Mumbai, Delhi and
Chennai during the first phase, will include a free and
cashless mediclaim of Rs 50,000 plus a critical illness cover
of Rs 1.5 lakh", HDFC Bank managing director Aditya Puri told
newspersons here today.
The mediclaim offer was also available on the add-on
cardholders, he said adding, the option of purchasing
additional mediclaim covers would be offered at upto 50 per
The card can be used at hospitals such as Jaslok and Ram
Manohar Lohia to get discounted annual health check-ups. It
was also a regular international card with an annual fee of Rs
With this launch, the bank has almost completed its suite
of products and was now a one-stop shop, Puri added.
National Insurance Company general manager S Majumder
said the bank expects a sale of 15,000-20,000 cards in the
first year of operations.
Mastercard International general manager, South Asia,
Nitin Gupta, said the company has currently has a total
cardbase of 90 lakh (debit plus credit) in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read