HDFC Bank Q3 net rises 32 percent
Mumbai: HDFC Bank, India`s No.2 private sector lender, reported a 31.7 percent rise in quarterly profit Friday.
The New York-listed bank posted a net profit of Rs 8.19 billion ($179 million) in the quarter to December compared with Rs 6.22 billion a year ago.
Shares in the bank rose 70.5 percent in 2009, lagging an 81 percent rise for the benchmark index and an 83.9 percent rise for the sector index.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof