HDFC Bank to sell home loans through Web chats
Mumbai: Moving away from unsolicited calls to sell home loan products, private lender HDFC Bank will soon be tapping customers for group company HDFC through web chats where the customer wilfully logs on for details.
"We see the cold-calling method (unsolicited calls) going off, especially considering the way the regulation is headed. Web is the future -- it is non-invasive, gets the really interested people and also allows the customer a record through histories," the bank`s Senior Vice-President, Unsecured Loans Business, Sanjai Raina, told here.
HDFC Bank has firmed up plans to start selling group company HDFC`s home loans from later this month through web chat before the kick-off of the Diwali celebrations and a pilot for the same is already on, he added.
Web chat, Raina said, is a more transparent medium and there will be no mis-selling.
For the last six-months, HDFC Bank has been selling personal loans through the web chat option as a pilot and already one per cent of its Rs 400 crore sales has happened through web chats.
"We are confident of taking it to three per cent in six months and to five per cent in a year`s time," he said.
For availing a home-loan, anybody can log on to HDFC Bank`s designated web page, fill in details like amount required and salary drawn after which he chats with a sales representative.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Indian ISIS operative says he met Paris bombing accused in Iraq last year