HDFC Bank to sell home loans through Web chats
Mumbai: Moving away from unsolicited calls to sell home loan products, private lender HDFC Bank will soon be tapping customers for group company HDFC through web chats where the customer wilfully logs on for details.
"We see the cold-calling method (unsolicited calls) going off, especially considering the way the regulation is headed. Web is the future -- it is non-invasive, gets the really interested people and also allows the customer a record through histories," the bank`s Senior Vice-President, Unsecured Loans Business, Sanjai Raina, told here.
HDFC Bank has firmed up plans to start selling group company HDFC`s home loans from later this month through web chat before the kick-off of the Diwali celebrations and a pilot for the same is already on, he added.
Web chat, Raina said, is a more transparent medium and there will be no mis-selling.
For the last six-months, HDFC Bank has been selling personal loans through the web chat option as a pilot and already one per cent of its Rs 400 crore sales has happened through web chats.
"We are confident of taking it to three per cent in six months and to five per cent in a year`s time," he said.
For availing a home-loan, anybody can log on to HDFC Bank`s designated web page, fill in details like amount required and salary drawn after which he chats with a sales representative.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city