Hearing deferred on NIA chargesheet against Headley
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Saturday deferred till January 21 hearing on arguments on taking cognisance of the chargesheet filed by National Investigating Agency (NIA) against David Headley and eight others for planning and executing terror strikes in India, including the 26/11 Mumbai attack.
The court, while posting the matter for January 21, asked the counsel for NIA and its officials to bring all relevant documents on that day.
"As per the challan, there are nine accused, none of the accused has been arrested. Arguments on question of taking cognisance have been heard in part. A number of documents have been referred. In order to facilitate proper appreciation of arguments it is necessary to have the relevant documents.
"The IO has assured that all relevant documents shall be referred to during the arguments on the next date of hearing," said Special NIA Judge HS Sharma.
The NIA had on December 24 last year filed chargesheet against 51-year-old Headley, his Pakistani-Canadian accomplice Tahawwur Rana and founder of Lashker-e-Toiba terror group Hafiz Saeed.
Besides them, two serving Pakistani Army officials -- Major Iqbal and Major Sameer Ali -- believed to be working for ISI, were also named in the chargesheet filed before the court.
Al Qaeda operative Illyas Kashmiri, Sajid Malik, handler of Headley, and Abdul Rehman Hashmi, former Pakistani Army officer, were also named in the charge sheet filed against the nine for waging war against the country and other relevant
sections of Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss