Hearing in case against Sania deferred to April 28
Muzaffarnagar: A court deferred the hearing in one of the cases against ace tennis player Sania Mirza for allegedly insulting the national anthem during a function in the town two years back.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Vikas Goel fixed April 28 for further hearing in the case.
Locals had filed four separate complaints against Sania under Prevention of Insult to National Honour Act on November 8, 2008.
According to the complaints, Sania was allegedly not standing in attention when the national anthem was being played during the closing ceremony of an international women`s tennis tournament here where she was the chief guest.
While further proceedings in two of the cases were already deferred to April 28, the court had fixed May 18 as the next date of hearing in the third case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday