Hearing in Sankararaman murder case adjourned
Puducherry: Hearing in the Sankararaman
murder case, in which Kanchi Sankaracharya Jayendra Saraswati
and his junior Vijendra Saraswati are the main accused, has been adjourned till Wednesday by a local court here.
Principal District and Sessions Judge T Ramasamy
adjourned the case till tomorrow, after Special Public
Prosecutor N Devadoss examined the witness, a police officer
Only 11 the total of 24 accused were present during the
hearing today. The absentees included the two seers,
who have been accused of hatching a conspiracy to murder
A total of 171 prosecution witnesses have been examined
so far in connection with the case since commencement of the
trial here two years ago.
Sankararaman, a manager of the Varadarajaperumal temple
in Kancheepuram, was allegedly murdered on September 3, 2004.
The trial was shifted to Puducherry from Chengalpattu on
the Supreme Court`s order in October 2005 on a petition filed
by Jayendra Saraswathi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days