Hearing in Sankararaman murder case resumes
Puducherry: A police official and a scientific
officer in the department of Forensic Sciences were examined
as prosecution witnesses in the Sankararaman murder case, in
which Kanchi Sankaracharya Jayendra Saraswati and his junior
Vijendra Saraswati are the main accused.
A total of 173 prosecution witnesses were examined so far
since the commencement of the trial in the local court two
Sankararaman, manager of the Varadarajaperumal temple in
Kancheepuram, was allegedly murdered in its premises on
September 3, 2004.
The trial was shifted to Puducherry from Chengalpattu on the
Supreme Court`s order in October 2005 on a petition by
Only nine of the 24 accused were present during the trial
today and the absentees included the two seers.
The trial will resume tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand