Heart surgery by robotics one step closer to reality
Washington: Scientists have come one step closer to the day when computers may actually start performing surgery with the development of a computerized 3D model that lets surgeons to use robotics to operate on a beating heart.
Rogério Richa, Philippe Poignet and Chao Liu from France``s Montpellier Laboratory of Informatics, Robotics, and Microelectronics, have come up with the "thin-plate spline deformable model" that tracks the motion of the heart`s surface as it beats.
The robotic technology predicts the movement of the heart as it beats in a single step, making it faster in real-life surgical environments.
The new 3D computerized approach allows the robotic arm to continually adjust to heart and chest movements during surgery.
The study was in The International Journal of Robotics Research, published by SAGE.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed