Hearts suspend sex offender Craig Thomson
London: Scottish Premier League club Hearts suspended defender Craig Thomson after he was convicted last week of "lewd, libidinous and indecent behaviour" towards underage girls.
Thomson, 20, was fined and placed on the sex offenders register after pleading guilty to offences over the internet involving two girls.
"Hearts today announce that Craig Thomson is suspended with immediate effect," the club said in a statement on their website.
"No further comment will be made by the club."
The club had come under pressure to sack or suspend Thomson, who is a Scotland Under-21 international, but had announced on Monday they were standing by the player.
Children`s charity Children 1st and the club`s water sponsor were among those urging the club to take action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam