Heavy rains lash Delhi, traffic jams in many areas
New Delhi: Heavy rains lashed the national capital since last night, leading to water logging in many areas and huge traffic snarls.
The city received 93.2 mm of rains since 8:30 pm last night.
The rains led to a dip in temperature with the minimum being recorded at 23.3 degree Celsius.
The heavy rains led to traffic jams in Mayur Vihar, Vasant Vihar, Munirka, Dhaula Kuan, Pragati Maidan, Moolchand, Lajat Nagar, Laxmi Nagar, Bhajanpura and Nizamuudin areas.
Traffic lights were also not working in many areas, adding to the woes of the motorists.
Office-goers had a tough time reaching their destination with most of the roads waterlogged.
Delhi has received a total of 538.6 mm of rain this monsoon against an average of 573 mm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'