Helipad atop Ambani home despite objection
Mumbai: Brushing aside objections by
environmentalists, a Maharashtra government panel has cleared
the decks for construction of a helipad atop `Seawind`, the
Ambani residence in cuff parade area of south Mumbai.
The Maharashtra Coastal Zone Management Authority
(MCZMA), gave the go ahead to the proposal after the
government made necessary amendments to the Development
Control (DC) regulations last year to permit helipads on top
of buildings, paving the way for the `Seawind` helipad plan.
"The helipad has been granted clearance by the
Authority," Environment Secretary Valsa Nair Singh told PTI.
Environmentalists had raised objections to the plan on
the grounds that it would lead to violation of the provisions
of the Environment Protection Act, 1986.
The MCZMA heard the matter on August 24 after which the
proposal was cleared, Singh said.
At present, the captains of industry and top politicians
have to use the helipad at Mahalaxmi racecourse for which The
Royal Western India Turf Club (RWITC) has obtained permission
from the BMC, but the Directorate General of Civil Aviation
(DGCA) has not allowed the use of the racecourse as a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India