Helipad atop Ambani home despite objection
Mumbai: Brushing aside objections by
environmentalists, a Maharashtra government panel has cleared
the decks for construction of a helipad atop `Seawind`, the
Ambani residence in cuff parade area of south Mumbai.
The Maharashtra Coastal Zone Management Authority
(MCZMA), gave the go ahead to the proposal after the
government made necessary amendments to the Development
Control (DC) regulations last year to permit helipads on top
of buildings, paving the way for the `Seawind` helipad plan.
"The helipad has been granted clearance by the
Authority," Environment Secretary Valsa Nair Singh told PTI.
Environmentalists had raised objections to the plan on
the grounds that it would lead to violation of the provisions
of the Environment Protection Act, 1986.
The MCZMA heard the matter on August 24 after which the
proposal was cleared, Singh said.
At present, the captains of industry and top politicians
have to use the helipad at Mahalaxmi racecourse for which The
Royal Western India Turf Club (RWITC) has obtained permission
from the BMC, but the Directorate General of Civil Aviation
(DGCA) has not allowed the use of the racecourse as a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- IPL 9 VIDEO: When Shikhar Dhawan, Yuvraj Singh became Gabbar and taxi driver
- First Talgo train trial on Bareilly-Moradabad rail route on May 29
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against AAP, BJP over Delhi power crisis
- Uttarakhand Board Class 12th Examination Results 2016: (uaresults.nic.in) Uttarakhand Board (UK) Class 12th Results 2016, Uttarakhand Class 12 Results 2016 to be declared today
- There was no intention to show disrespect to Stalin or DMK, clarifies Jayalalithaa