Helipad atop Ambani home despite objection
Mumbai: Brushing aside objections by
environmentalists, a Maharashtra government panel has cleared
the decks for construction of a helipad atop `Seawind`, the
Ambani residence in cuff parade area of south Mumbai.
The Maharashtra Coastal Zone Management Authority
(MCZMA), gave the go ahead to the proposal after the
government made necessary amendments to the Development
Control (DC) regulations last year to permit helipads on top
of buildings, paving the way for the `Seawind` helipad plan.
"The helipad has been granted clearance by the
Authority," Environment Secretary Valsa Nair Singh told PTI.
Environmentalists had raised objections to the plan on
the grounds that it would lead to violation of the provisions
of the Environment Protection Act, 1986.
The MCZMA heard the matter on August 24 after which the
proposal was cleared, Singh said.
At present, the captains of industry and top politicians
have to use the helipad at Mahalaxmi racecourse for which The
Royal Western India Turf Club (RWITC) has obtained permission
from the BMC, but the Directorate General of Civil Aviation
(DGCA) has not allowed the use of the racecourse as a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter