Helipad atop Ambani home despite objection
Mumbai: Brushing aside objections by
environmentalists, a Maharashtra government panel has cleared
the decks for construction of a helipad atop `Seawind`, the
Ambani residence in cuff parade area of south Mumbai.
The Maharashtra Coastal Zone Management Authority
(MCZMA), gave the go ahead to the proposal after the
government made necessary amendments to the Development
Control (DC) regulations last year to permit helipads on top
of buildings, paving the way for the `Seawind` helipad plan.
"The helipad has been granted clearance by the
Authority," Environment Secretary Valsa Nair Singh told PTI.
Environmentalists had raised objections to the plan on
the grounds that it would lead to violation of the provisions
of the Environment Protection Act, 1986.
The MCZMA heard the matter on August 24 after which the
proposal was cleared, Singh said.
At present, the captains of industry and top politicians
have to use the helipad at Mahalaxmi racecourse for which The
Royal Western India Turf Club (RWITC) has obtained permission
from the BMC, but the Directorate General of Civil Aviation
(DGCA) has not allowed the use of the racecourse as a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof