Henin downs Wozniacki to move into Miami semis
Miami: Belgium`s Justine Henin came back from a set down to beat number two seed Caroline Wozniacki 6-7, 6-3, 6-4 in the Sony Ericsson Open quarter-final on Wednesday.
Henin, who entered the tournament as a wildcard, lost the first set on a tiebreak but then quickly got the upper hand in the second and a single break of serve in the third was enough to take her through to the semi-finals.
The Belgian will face the winner of the tie between Australian Samantha Stosur and Belgian Kim Clijsters which will be played later on Wednesday.
Henin only returned to competitive tennis in January after quitting the game in May, 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India