Henin downs Wozniacki to move into Miami semis
Miami: Belgium`s Justine Henin came back from a set down to beat number two seed Caroline Wozniacki 6-7, 6-3, 6-4 in the Sony Ericsson Open quarter-final on Wednesday.
Henin, who entered the tournament as a wildcard, lost the first set on a tiebreak but then quickly got the upper hand in the second and a single break of serve in the third was enough to take her through to the semi-finals.
The Belgian will face the winner of the tie between Australian Samantha Stosur and Belgian Kim Clijsters which will be played later on Wednesday.
Henin only returned to competitive tennis in January after quitting the game in May, 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP