Henry believes Arsenal still has the quality to win EPL
London: Arsenal idol Thierry Henry insists the Gunners can still win the Premier League next season.
The club`s most prolific striker, however, admits he is talking with his heart rather than his head.
It is two years since the man voted the greatest Arsenal player of all time left the club for Barcelona.
But the pain he feels at their failure to win a trophy since 2005 remains as intense as ever.
Now Henry is praying manager Arsene Wenger can end that long wait despite battling just to hang on to his top stars.
Arsenal have already lost striker Emmanuel Adebayor to Manchester City for 25 million pounds and defender Kolo Toure is set to follow him to Eastlands any day now.
"I know the way Arsene Wenger thinks and he will not go into the new season with ambitions to finish in the top four again. His only target will be to win the Premier League. And despite all that has happened at Arsenal this year, I still believe they have enough quality to do that. It is difficult for me to talk about Arsenal. Whenever I do, it is always with my heart, not my head," Henry said.
"So it is going to be a difficult task for Arsenal this time and it is vital that everyone keeps the faith. The reason I say that is because the boss still has great faith in his players and if there is one man who Arsenal can trust to do the right thing, it`s Arsene Wenger," he added.
"He is the man who has put Arsenal on to the European map. Nobody else could have achieved what he has done there. The fans should remember that and give him more credit. Some people gave him a hard time last season and he didn`t deserve that," Henry said.
Henry, 31, scored a club-record 226 goals in 370 games for Arsenal, winning the Premier League twice and FA Cup three times.
He was voted Footballer of the Year three times and the PFA`s Player of the Year twice as well as finishing top scorer in the Premier League in four of his eight seasons at Arsenal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof