Henry slams Adebayor for showing lack of respect to Arsenal
London: Arsenal legend Thierry Henry has blasted Emmanuel Adebayor for showing a lack of respect to the manager, the club and fans who made him a star.
“He might be one of the world’s top strikers today, but he wasn’t before Arsene got hold of him and gave him that chance.”
“Arsene puts a lot of investment in you when he sees talent and I don’t think it would hurt for Adebayor to show him, the club and the fans a little more respect,” The Mirror quoted the Barcelona Sriker, as saying.
Following his kick on Robin van Persie’s head, Adebayor has been suspended for three games and he will miss Sunday’s Manchester derby.
Adebayor is also facing action for the 95-yard sprint he made to celebrate in front of Arsenal fans after his goal in City’s 4-1 win.
The Togo striker’s war with the Arsenal fans annoys Henry.
“The fans at Arsenal were great. They were and always will be my family. I never saw them behave badly so to react like they did at the weekend. No matter what Adebayor’s emotions were, he could have earned himself a lot of respect by not celebrating the goal,” he said.
“That would have shown real class, and that to be honest is what most players choose to do when they score against their old clubs. I don’t really understand why he didn’t do that,” he added.
However, Henry evidently seems to have a short memory, since he forgot how he ran the length of the Highbury pitch to celebrate in front of Tottenham fans after a wonder goal against Spurs in 2002.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?