Hernandez to reject any overtures from Real Madrid
London: Manchester United ace Javier Hernandez will reject overtures from Real Madrid because of his loyalty to boss Sir Alex Ferguson.
Real Madrid had targeted the Mexican striker, going straight to Manchester United’s owners, the Glazer family.
Real Madrid asked to give their price, but Ferguson is adamant that Hernandez is going nowhere, a newspaper reported.
“I’m very motivated after a great season with United. From now on I’ll owe a great debt to Sir Alex for bringing me to Europe. My dream has not changed. I want to win many titles to give back to the team that opened the doors for me,” Hernandez said.
The paper reports that United will offer Hernandez a new triple-your-money deal worth 75,000 pounds a week to ensure he stays.
Hernandez, a six million pounds buy from Chivas, hit 20 goals last term.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand