Hernandez to reject any overtures from Real Madrid
London: Manchester United ace Javier Hernandez will reject overtures from Real Madrid because of his loyalty to boss Sir Alex Ferguson.
Real Madrid had targeted the Mexican striker, going straight to Manchester United’s owners, the Glazer family.
Real Madrid asked to give their price, but Ferguson is adamant that Hernandez is going nowhere, a newspaper reported.
“I’m very motivated after a great season with United. From now on I’ll owe a great debt to Sir Alex for bringing me to Europe. My dream has not changed. I want to win many titles to give back to the team that opened the doors for me,” Hernandez said.
The paper reports that United will offer Hernandez a new triple-your-money deal worth 75,000 pounds a week to ensure he stays.
Hernandez, a six million pounds buy from Chivas, hit 20 goals last term.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday