Hero Electric plans to assemble e-scooter in foreign mkts
New Delhi: Two-wheeler maker Hero Electric
on Monday said it plans to assemble e-scooters in foreign markets
in collaboration with local players and may enter into such
agreements within the next one year.
"We are looking at assembly units in overseas markets,
mainly in Western Europe and North America, in collaboration
with local manufacturers. We are positive of entering into
some such agreement within next 12 months," Hero Electric
Managing Director Naveen Munjal told agency.
He said local assembly of models will help in issues like
cost factor and staffing.
However, Hero Electric will not go for contract
manufacturing and will sell its electric scooters under the
"There will be no contract manufacturing. Rather we will
have collaboration on a case-by-case basis. And we will stick
to our own brand," Munjal said.
The company`s decision comes on the heels of its
announcement last month to start exports to Latin America and
Europe by the end of the fiscal.
Hero Electric currently sells five models -- E-Sprint,
Maxi, Optima Plus, Wave Dx and Wave Dx Extra Mile -- and last
year it exported a small number to the neighbouring SAARC
countries and Canada.
"We are currently not looking at any big increase in
exports. Rather, our aim is to make our brand more known and
acceptable in overseas markets and local assembly would
definitely help in this," Munjal said.
However, in the domestic market, Hero Electric is aiming
to increase its sales by aver 30 per cent this fiscal.
"Last year we sold around 25,000 units domestically and
we are looking to close this fiscal with over 30,000 units,"
The company will be showcasing some new products during
next month`s Delhi Auto Expo, Munjal said, but refused to
Hero Electric will keep its focus on the small and medium
speed electric scooter segment.
"The small and medium speed segment of below 45 kilometre
range has the biggest potential in India. However, we will
also launch high-speed products whenever the market requires,"
The company had recently launched its first high speed
Regarding its plans for venture into the four-wheeler EV
market, Munjal said: "We definitely have plans but it will
take some time. For any two-wheeler company to foray into the
car market is a radical step."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) TNBSE Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?