Hero Honda Q1 net zooms 83%; crosses 10 lakh mark
New Delhi: The country`s largest two-wheeler
maker Hero Honda today reported a jump of 83.28 per cent in
its net profit at Rs 500.11 crore for the quarter ended June
30 on account of robust sales amid softening input costs.
The net profit for the same period in the last fiscal
stood at Rs 272.87 crore, the company said in a statement.
Total income of the company rose by 33.72 per cent to Rs
3,864.92 crore during the April-June period of this fiscal
from Rs 2,890.25 crore in the same quarter a year earlier.
The company has crossed the 10-lakh-units mark in a
single quarter for the first time by selling 11,18,987 units
from 8,94,244 units in the year-ago period, up 25.13 per cent.
"Several other key factors such as cost rationalisation
across the board, softening of commodity prices and tax
benefits also contributed to the bottom line," it said.
The substantial tax benefit accrued on account of the
company`s full utilisation of the tax benefits available for
its Haridwar plant also resulted in bringing down the overall
effective tax rate, the statement added.
"Our ongoing focus on continuous innovation in every
sphere of our business and fiscal discipline has allowed us to
leverage our double-digit sales growth into robust earnings
for the quarter," Hero Honda Motors MD and CEO Pawan Munjal
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read