HI-IHF agreement under consideration: Maken
New Delhi: Sports Minister Ajay Maken said that the government is looking into the objections raised by the International Hockey Federation (FIH) on the temporary power-sharing formula between Hockey India and the Indian Hockey Federation to run the game in the country.
Maken told the Rajya Sabha that the government has taken note of FIH`s concern over the temporary arrangement reached between the two warring bodies over running hockey affairs in the country.
"FIH has expressed concern over the proposed settlement stating that it would go against their statute, which provides for a sole national governing body in each member country. The entire matter is under consideration," said Maken.
Stating that the agreement between HI and IHF was not in compliance with the Olympic Charter and the FIH Statutes, the world body had threatened to withdraw all international tournaments, including the Champions Trophy in December and Olympic qualifiers for men and women in February next year, until the matter is resolved.
FIH president Leandro Negre had written to the sports minister, calling for an urgent meeting, involving the presidents of HI and the Indian Olympic Association to discuss the FIH`s concerns.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev