HI, IHF in talks on unification
Bhopal: Hockey India (HI) and the Indian Hockey Federation (IHF) are in talks to discuss the sports ministry`s proposal for their unification.
HI held its executive committee here Sunday and discussed the proposal, among other issues. Secretary general Narinder Batra said they do not have any problem with the proposal and it was entirely up to the IHF to accept it.
Batra said he will meet IHF president R.K. Shetty Tuesday to discuss the issue. "The proposal of co-option that was put forward by the ministry was done after discussion with HI and IHF and both the federation had given green signal to the proposal. We do not know why they are backing out now," Batra told IANS.
"We have had discussion with IHF and we have to find the best possible way to resolve the impasse. The ministry has also given more time to IHF."
HI had also asked Sahara to increase the sponsorship money. "Sahara has the first right of refusal but we have to look at our requirements also. If a better offer comes from somewhere else we will consider it," said Batra.
The deal with Sahara for the men`s and women`s junior and senior national teams is approximately worth Rs.3 crore and HI has reportedly asked for it to be hiked to Rs.15-17 crore.
On the selection of a foreign expert, Batra said the short-listed candidates have been asked to appear for an interview in the next 15 days.
Among other things discussed in the HI executive committee was to give affiliation to Madhya Pradesh Hockey Academy, who played in the ongoing nationals, and Sashastra Seema Bal.
Batra said after the successful conduct of senior national championship, HI will hold age-groups tournament. The junior national is likely to held in July in Ranchi and the sub-juniors for men has been scheduled in Hyderabad and while Pune will host the women`s event in September.
"We are also going to have a developmental side with a pool of 20-25 players."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27