Highest polling in Kolhapur, lowest in Colaba
Mumbai: Karveer Assembly constituency in
western Maharashtra`s Kolhapur district witnessed highest
polling percentage while Colaba segment in south Mumbai
recorded the lowest voter turnout, as per final voting figures
released by the election officials today.
Karveer registered 83.6 per cent polling while Colaba
saw a dismal 35.88 per cent voters turning up to exercise
their franchise, despite polling day being declared a public
The overall polling percentage in the state was 60.03,
the officials said. Yesterday, the Commission had said around
60 per cent polling was recorded in the state.
Armori constituency in Naxal-infested Gadchiroli
district recorded 64.85 per cent polling, an indication that
voters had braved Maoists` threat to disrupt election process.
The polling percentage is four per cent more than
during Lok Sabha polls six months ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal