Highest polling in Kolhapur, lowest in Colaba
Mumbai: Karveer Assembly constituency in
western Maharashtra`s Kolhapur district witnessed highest
polling percentage while Colaba segment in south Mumbai
recorded the lowest voter turnout, as per final voting figures
released by the election officials today.
Karveer registered 83.6 per cent polling while Colaba
saw a dismal 35.88 per cent voters turning up to exercise
their franchise, despite polling day being declared a public
The overall polling percentage in the state was 60.03,
the officials said. Yesterday, the Commission had said around
60 per cent polling was recorded in the state.
Armori constituency in Naxal-infested Gadchiroli
district recorded 64.85 per cent polling, an indication that
voters had braved Maoists` threat to disrupt election process.
The polling percentage is four per cent more than
during Lok Sabha polls six months ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report