Highest polling in Kolhapur, lowest in Colaba
Mumbai: Karveer Assembly constituency in
western Maharashtra`s Kolhapur district witnessed highest
polling percentage while Colaba segment in south Mumbai
recorded the lowest voter turnout, as per final voting figures
released by the election officials today.
Karveer registered 83.6 per cent polling while Colaba
saw a dismal 35.88 per cent voters turning up to exercise
their franchise, despite polling day being declared a public
The overall polling percentage in the state was 60.03,
the officials said. Yesterday, the Commission had said around
60 per cent polling was recorded in the state.
Armori constituency in Naxal-infested Gadchiroli
district recorded 64.85 per cent polling, an indication that
voters had braved Maoists` threat to disrupt election process.
The polling percentage is four per cent more than
during Lok Sabha polls six months ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?