Himachal Pradesh Election Results 2012: Dhumal concedes defeat
Shimla: As the Congress forged ahead of the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in Himachal Pradesh, the state’s Chief Minister and BJP leader Prem Kumar Dhumal conceded defeat on Thursday.
He further underlined the “need to analyse what went wrong”.
“I have congratulated all the winners,” Dhumal said, wishing the people of Himachal Pradesh all the best.
Meanwhile, Dhumal has won from the Hamirpur seat defeating his nearest Congress rival Narinder Thakur by a margin of more than 9,500 votes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok